7.31.2008

July 31st

For some reason I'm really excited for August to be here. And for some other reason (or maybe it's the same reason, which would be kind of sketchy) I completely forgot there are thirty one days in July, not just thirty. So all day today I've been excited that it's August already. I've had deep thoughts and conversations with myself about the signifigance of time moving so swiftly and what I want to do with the rest of my life because it'll be here and gone before I know it. But it's not August yet. I feel like I have all the time in the world!! It's not moving faster than I can keep up. I still have time to procrastinate accomplishing what I really want to do with my life. It's still July

Before I made this astonishing discovery, I went to pick up my bike from getting a tune up and the fellow was on the phone with someone. I didn't have anything else to do while I waited for my bike so I listened in on his side of the conversation and tried to imagine what was going on on the other end. The guy on my side said that he would send a bike over tomorrow and confirmed that it was the first of August. "Poor guy," I thought to myself. "How can you run a business when you don't even know what day it is?" I didn't want to embarass him in front of his other customers so I didn't say anything. Several hours later I was the poor soul who found out after an entire day Augustness that it was all a scam. So friends, enjoy July while you can, but be so grateful that tomorrow is really, truly AUGUST!!..... Unless they decided to tack that extra day for leap year onto July and tomorrow is really the 32nd, in which case we're all doomed.

P. S. Sorry Mr. Island Bike Man for having a good little chuckle in my head at your expense. You were right. I was wrong.

No comments: