6.30.2008

Nuclear attack or alien invasion??

Yesterday was such a crazy day!! I went to church which is always awesome on the Island then I just sort of took it easy doing Sunday appropriate activities. It came time for bed (which is one of my most favorite activities) and I couldn't sleep at all. I decided to go for a little walk. Well, it's been a little creepy on account of all the fog we've had lately. Last night was no different. As I was walking down the street I started to hear this buzzing/siren/horn noise. I felt like I was in one of those old war movies and they were sounding the alarm for a nuclear attack. I promptly cut my walk short as I saw police lights in the not-so-distant distance. Needless to say my nerves were slightly on edge from the whole scene. I was finally able to drift off to dream land when I was suddenly awoken by the loudest thunder crash I've ever heard. My eyes were wide open to see the next bolt of lightning which appeared to be right outside my bedroom window. Sure enough, a fraction of a second passed before the next eardrum-bursting thunder came. I really didn't get a whole lotta sleep last night but that's ok; some of my old friends from last year are back and I got to see them today, and tonight is F.H.E. and we're having a BBQ at my place.... I love food!!

1 comment:

Onge said...

Gotta love a good thunder storm. Wish I was there. Love You!!