6.23.2008

FABULOUSNESS!!

I think sometimes we get way too caught up in everything that's going on around us. There is so much drama and junk that takes up a lot of our time and attention. Work has been crazy. It's the "pre-season anxiety" time and everyone can feel it. I go in every day and I can count on quite a few people to complain about something or other or gripe about this or that. It's intense that's for sure. Well, I choose to look at the good stuff.... And there's plenty of that too!! I went to church yesterday and found so many people that I have missed and that I absolutely LOVE!! There's Louis and Renee and the Shehab family: Porter, (her husband who I can't think of his name right now.... Sorry Brother Shehab), Pedilla, Leila, Rockwell, Cricket and Owen.

Tonight was Family Home Evening on the beach. Who gets to have FHE on a BEACH?!?!? It was stinkin awesome!! Sure it rained and it was a little windy but the Spirit was there as well as those five kids running up and down the beach. I rode my bike home in the dark in the pouring rain. I just laughed the whole time and tried to hit as many puddles as I could. There are fireflies on this island. As I ride my bike home at night I can see random bursts of light. It is amazingly beautiful!!

I am a firm believer in the fact that life is what we make of it. I choose to make it a happy place for myself and for those around me, and to concentrate on how blessed I truly am. Cheesy, I know, but life is a whole lot better when the cup is half full!

2 comments:

The Coxclan said...

I love you man. I miss you already. I'm jealous you're in such an awesome place. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Brooke S said...

Hey... you got a blog.... and it's green! ~ Makes me happy... Chan asks where you are on a regular basis!